Dendroboard banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
last year i bought 4 leucomelas at a frog show in holland and they quite recently died.
i have a succesful colony of tricolor and there is a new sub-adult, which i have succesfully raised.
i liked keeping the leucomelas and i was wondering if you could give me any advice on how to keep them and what sort of environment has worked best for you in breeding them?

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
I have a colony of 5 leucs that I house in a 35 gallon hex. The back three walls are covered in coco liners (the kind they use in hanging baskets) I use a false bottom (egg crate) with a layer of LECA on top of the false bottom. Then there is a substrate divider and on top of that is a peat brick/orchid mix. I planted it with pillow moss, moss from Washington, creeping fig, two broms, java moss, and three coconut huts. I mist semi-daily and feed daily with dusted fruit flies (herpivite one day and rep-cal the next) and the occasional springtail. Currently they are too young to breed.

Do you know why yours died?

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
i think they died because when we had to move house we had to put them into temporary vivarium, with the tricolor. and that viv needs much more arboreal skills, possibly too wet, and possibly not enough places to get away from the water at the bottom of the cage.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts