Dendroboard banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

This is my new tank. I have one D. Leucomelas in it currently. It is 4' long. I have hung the bromeliads on the back wall recently, but don't have pictures yet.

Tell me what you think, constructive criticism included.

Thanks,
Will

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am looking forward to getting a bunch of new plants at the next Michigan Dendrobatid Meeting on December 3rd, along with a few more frogs.

I also have a brand new tank and driftwood that I will post soon for ideas.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Tank is coming along nicely, I bet it will be great once you get some more plants in there. What are you using as a drainage layer? I'll second the more leaf litter...I would triple the amount you have in there. He will be much happier in the long run.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am not really sure. I bought this tank uncompleted, but with substrate from someone near me.

It looks like stones, and I think this may have to do with the fact that the waterfall pump is huge, and spreads out almost over the whole tank, so I feel like it may have a certain water capacity that it is needed. To back up this thought, every time I take water out of the tank from the waterfall, the pump makes a grinding sound and small bubbles come out along with the water, almost like carbonated water.

Any suggestions?

(there is not a false bottom in the tank)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts