Dendroboard banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Dendrobates Leucomelas has recently been sticking to the glass more than usual.
Is this normal, or is there a ventilation problem or something?
I also recently put banana chunks under the leaf litter and it has a strong smell every time I open the viv. Could these two events be related?

Thanks,
Will

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
some of mine like it higher. One is a daredevil. He likes to jump from peak to peak. Never lands it, but sure as hell tries. One also likes to chase the fungus gnats. Thats why hes up on he glass often. Those things move so fast, they'll never catch em'.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Mine like to climb on everything also. I have to be careful when the top is off, they tend to walk right up the walls. So I would say it is normal. Bananas do release certain byproducts when they decompose, but I do not know if they will affect the frogs in any way.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I have 2 leucs and 1 of them has always loved to try to climb the glass all the way to the top. He has actually gotten quite good at it and I think he has been teaching the other how to do it as well, because now it seems almost like a game. One will climb up the side of the tank and then the other will try.

I also put a banana chunk in my tank and I dont notice that much of a smell, but I put a rather small piece in. My leucs love it though. One of my leucs just sits on it waiting for flies to come in the area.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Like everyone elses' experiences, I too have experienced climbing leucs, and some of mine are only one month ootw. Some climb more than others, but I like to check the top corners of the tank before I open the glass because I wouldn't want anyone to escape.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I think my 4 leucs have touched every INCH of my 55 gallon viv. They are always climbing everywhere, so I'd say that is normal.

Reactions: brinkerh420
1 - 11 of 11 Posts