Dendroboard banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know its said that there is no sexual dimorphism in leucomelas. My juveniles are ~7 months OOTW and I'm seeing a difference in toe pads. Maybe its just that one is older than the other, or individual variation, but it seems pretty clear there is a difference. I noticed these two next to each other and started thinking about their differences. I notice a difference in head structure and toe pad size. Its really hard to get a look at, but Im trying to see if there is any tympanum dimorphism (anyone chime in here?). I'm not looking for advice or being impatient, rather just making notes to see if anything could help give a better guess for probable sexes. Everything about these frogs fascinates me, and I'm into noting everything down. Anyone else obsess about physical traits? Its very cool, and since I'm new, keeping track of everything will help me down the road I'm sure. I use the advanced search function a lot, but I can't seem to find things, lol.
Hoppy Frogging!
https://flic.kr/p/2jPL8aRhttps://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Crazy how fast something happens! I took that picture last night, and this morning I noticed two frogs next to each other and one was head bobbing a bit (there was a post recently about this) so I had my eye out for that. Right now there’s no visual, but I hear a frog trying to learn to call! Very cool, quiet, but very exciting! I’ll update when I get a visual on the confirmed male!!!

·
Premium Member
1,483 Posts
Little Super Heroes.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I played a fine spot call and put it up next to the front vent. The suspected male (pictures right in op) climbed up a branch and attempted to make noise! He more or less choked on his tongue, lol! I look forward to hearing him learning how to sing!

·
Registered
260 Posts
My leucs, more than any other type that I have, almost always respond when I play their calls on my phone. Followed closely by Terribilis.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts