Dendroboard banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Based on your other thread, my suggestion would be to slow down a little bit. I know dart frogs can be very exciting and fun, but please, for the love of your frogs, do some research first.

Use the search tab on this website and read all you can, about any topic you want, and even some you think you don't need to know yet.

Not trying to be a jerk here, but it sounds like you are pretty inexperienced and I am trying to help.

And set some ground rules for your friends. The next time he touches your tanks "just for fun" and hurts your frogs, tell him you will break HIS leg.

You and your frogs will have a much rewarding experience, I promise.

-Troy

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks i have done 2 weeks of non stop research and im not getting darts till christmas so i still have lots of time to researdh and i am buying a lock for my tank so their will be no one entering but me do you know any good plants dart frogs might like

thanks bayley

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i was hopeing to get some today but cant find any pet stores that have them and i would get them online but i live in canada and their is no one who will ship to canada.
although their is a place i have ordered them but they weren't shure if they could get them so they will let me know tomorrow

·
Registered
46 Posts
i love dart frogs
Junior Member Join Date: Nov 2011

Re: dart frogs nocturnal?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"hey if your still hear my friend just opened my tank then closed it as a joke after i told him not to and when he close it my frogs arm got jammed in it i just walked in and got her out of their she is still alive but her arm is dangling around and she is un able to move will it heal what should i do"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey dude. Is this you from earlier today? Why when I try to help, you say you are not getting darts until Christmas and have plenty of time to research, when just a few hours ago you wrote in your own thread about your friend breaking your frogs leg?

What's the story? Trying to pull our leg here? People will stop trying to help you if you aren't telling the truth. We certainly have had enough of that around here.

-Troy

Reactions: Neontra

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
troy i have a big eyed tree frog. i got her to make shure the condishunse in my tank were good enough to support animal life so i bought her as a practice frog before spending big money on darts

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Where are you located in Canada? Shoot me a PM if you like. Hopefully, I know someone close to you.

Getting hooked up with a local is the way to go. The hobby is more expensive here and shipping costs are crazy.

BTW You're not going to want to put a dart frog in a tank that had a tree frog in it...

·
Registered
701 Posts
You really need to keep a close eye on your animals and make sure nothing happens. Closely inspect them atleast twice a day and make sure nothing can happen to them. How big is the enclosure? I think your other post saying your frog got it's leg stuck in the lid tells me it might be wayyyy to small or not the right conditions, causing your frog to try and get out.

Just my thoughts and good luck

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Your best bet would be UE,how big is your tank? Based on your last thread you should do MUCH more research until you get your first leuc,what are the parameters of your tank for example,what kind of background,plants,temp,humidity,and do you have leaf litter?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Frogfreak,

Why would you not want to put a dart in a tank that used to have tree frogs?

I have not read that anywhere before.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Frogfreak,

Why would you not want to put a dart in a tank that used to have tree frogs?

I have not read that anywhere before.
Mainly pathogens and other bacteria/parasitic issues. You can use it though if you give it a bleach bath though.

Reactions: frogfreak

·
Registered
558 Posts
There is no such thing as a practice frog! They are living breathing animals that feel happy, sad, scared, stressed, and pain.
Suggestion: buy a plant, keep it alive & healthy for one year(with no one ripping off leaves) then consider a live animal for a pet.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
You need to set up a tank, and let it establish before you think about any darts. If you are getting Darts by x-mas you should be starting NOW. I don't know if you know how to build, thats why I suggest starting asap. There are people here that can build off the rip, and others that need more time. Also if your doing a BG you need the silicone/GS smell gone before adding your frogs. You always can set up a temp tank if your not ready to build a viv.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
dear frog freak,

i am loacated in peterbrough ontario.
what do you mean by pm?

if you can hock me up with someone that would be awsome just let me know the store their name and the address of the store if you can get it.

thanks bayley

ps i am going to clean the tank with warm water to remove the bacteria of the tree frog

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
dear dendroguy and neotre,

my tank is a 50 gallon

and for any body else i am posting a picture of my tank this wensday eastern time so if you know how to post pics let me know and i will post a pic of what the tank looks like right.

bayley

1 - 20 of 26 Posts