Dendroboard banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cannot believe it. One of the leucs in the trio I raised from tads started calling recently. I didn't think it was one of them at first, and thought it may be something in my room. But, he's called a couple times, and I know its him. I cannot wait to see if I get tads soon!

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Congratulations! Good luck!

·
Registered
479 Posts
Congratulations! Good luck with your trio! Hope they make you lots of baby Leucs. They are so cute when they are babies!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ha thanks you two. I really hope I get some eggs from them. And I heard him call multiple times again today, in their new tank!

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Congrats! Mine started calling yesterday too.

Saw some courting yesterday; none today and still no eggs!

Good Luck!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Congrats , can I ask how old are yours ? As I also have 10 of them that I raise from tadpoles to subadults which they are 14 months old now and I been hearing them call since 3-4 months back but I havnt seen eggs so far at all!!!

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Mine are a proven pair that are about 4yrs old.

The person i got them from said they would breed for her all the time, and then one day, all of a sudden they stopped and havent bred again for a yr or so.

I got them about a month/month 1/2 ago, and theyve been doing nothing.

Then the other morning when i woke up i heard frogs calling. (My vitts call every morning) but something sounded different to me ... upon looking at the tanks, i discovered that it was the leucs (finally) and i found them in the middle of courting.

Since then, theres been some calling, but no courting since the first time and i have yet to find eggs.

So i put a deli cup of water for tadpole deposition and figured when i see tads, then i know theyre back at it ... until then i will leave them alone and let them get back into the groove (i hope)

Btw ... that would put your males at around 10-11mo old when they started calling ... correct?

If thats the case ... its possible for males to reach maturity that early, but generally females take a bit longer and that could be why youre not seeing eggs yet.

Just give them some time. Also, you may get a few bad clutches once they do start mating until they get the hang of it.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Congrats , can I ask how old are yours ? As I also have 10 of them that I raise from tadpoles to subadults which they are 14 months old now and I been hearing them call since 3-4 months back but I havnt seen eggs so far at all!!!
What size viv do you have them in? Female leucomelas are notorious egg eaters. If you have all 10 in one viv you may have too much competition and the females may be eating each others eggs.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sweet about the calling for you too. Mine I don't think are old enough to breed yet though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts