Dendroboard banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have talked about this with Doug, but i still have concerns. I'm in the process of setting up my 18" cube vivarium, and everything is taking quite a while to get to my doorstep. After much debating and second-guessing, i have decided to purchase two R. Summersi "Sauce" from UE. The thing is, their next shipment is in February, 3 months away. So, my question is, should i seed the tank with springs and isos at first, and let them establish for 3 months, or should i add them a month or so before to ensure they don't over-populate (can they even over-populate?)? Thanks for the input!

·
Registered
8,328 Posts
Yes you should. You will give the microfauna a much better window for establishment!

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
alrighty then! it seems like the way to go, just a little weary.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey vivlover, it's been a while! yep, these are my firsts! (no need to tell me they're too difficult, if i've heard correctly the hardest part is culturing flies, exactly why i'm giving myself a few months). how are your varadero's doing?

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
umm....awkward. we met a while ago, last year i think. shyness is extremely variable from frog to frog, i'm certainly not purchasing frogs based on shyness.

·
Registered
915 Posts
i have a viv holding 2 summersi,it was vacant for aprox 1 yr before the frogs went in,it was seeded with dwarf white and folsuma springs,the springs have dissappeared the whites i have been feeding almost daily up untill the frogs went in,this one viv i have had to remove litterally handfuls of iso,and just before the frogs went in i took out another couple,the population was astounding.Now with the frogs in i'm starting to see it settle down as far as the iso numbers go as the summersi prey on the tiny babies.I guess the frogs have been in there 2 months now maybe more,and we have recently seen abit of courtship,so despite what was in there they seem to be doing really well. Ours are not really shy at all,but damn are they good at just dissapearing,good luck with yours
Stu

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks stu. those sound like good eaters, maybe they could finish my leftovers haha! so they eat all the white isos, and not the gray kind? or they only eat baby whites?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts