Dendroboard banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you guys know anything about these little guys? I saw one for the 1st time when I visited BlacKJungle and now I gotta have some. If you arent familiar Lepidodactylus lugubris are little geckos that reach a maximum of 45mm. And is recomended that they are best kept in a vivarium. I found a few places that should have them for sale so ill see what I can do.

G

·
These guys are cool - some time in the future I would like to keep these as well. From what I have read, they are good for beginners. They are also parthenogenetic (the females can reproduce without a male), and they can be kept in groups.

G

·
Availability?

I e-mailed Black Jungle asking if they have any for sale and they told me they don't sell them? So what gives??? Here is the actual quoted e-mail from Richard Revis of Black Jungle.

Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 10:42:06 -0400
Subject: Re: Lepidodactylus lugubris
To: <[email protected]>
Reply To: "Richard" <[email protected]>

Hi,

Sorry but we do not sell them.

Thanks,
Richard Revis, Mike Wallitis
Black Jungle Terrarium Supply
http://www.blackjungle.com

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
These are cool geckos, but seem to harder to find then I thought they would be (I looked into getting some awhile ago). You can try Aaron of http://www.aaronsfrogfarm.com (hope thats the right adress). I know he was working with these and had a couple for sale a little while back.

I have heard that they eat tiny insects, like ff's and pinhead crickets... so it seems like a great vivarium companion for darts. They are small, can't hurt the darts, eat the same foods, and reporduce on their own! I think they are also nocturnal, so they will be active while the darts are sleeping (or should be lol).

If anyone finds anyone breeding them on a regular basis please post it, as this thread has sparked my interest again.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Check with Chuck powell. I see he is listing some for sale at Frog Day.

I've got a colony of six adults but production has been slow as of late. If you would like, I'll let you know next time I have some juvies.

G

·
Elizabeth Freer breeds TONS of these guys. She's a nice enough woman too and cares about the livelyhood of her animals a lot. I bought a bunch from her about 7 years ago that all arrived DOA unfortunately. Never bothered to get more.

They are parthenogenic and that makes them really cool. They're also cute and only a few inches long. I'm sure they'd do well in a viv but be careful about them escaping, like any gecko they are quick and like to run up walls as soon as a path is available!

Enjoy,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts