Dendroboard banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Oof. Telipogoniflora even.

So for the past couple months, I've been anxiously awaiting the arrival of these two plants. Put in a fan, (thanks Bill), upgraded my lights, and everything. Box gets in today, I rip it open like a kid at Christmas, and this is how they looked. I blurred out the tags to avoid any issues with violating the feedback rules.

Photo Album - Imgur

It's kind of hard to tell from the pics, but one of the plants was entirely dessicated. The other looked like there was still some moisture retained in the leaves, but still pretty wilted. The other three pics show what the plants looked like after being rehydrated and left in my viv for a couple of hours. The better off of the two seems to have improved somewhat, but is still extremely limp compared to the healthy one I already had growing in the tank. Just want to know what, if any, is the best course of action to get these plants through their convalescence. Pretty sure the wilted one is a lost cause, but it seems like there is still hope for the better off of the two. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,355 Posts
You could send them to me :rolleyes:

You can turn the mount horizontally and keep it out of direct air circulation. Keep the humidity as high as possible and keep it in some shade until new growth begins.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awesome tip, Spaff! I'll definitely get them in a sheltered spot on the bottom. I contacted the seller with attached photos. An hour later, they emailed me saying to let them know when the plants arrived, lol. I know these sorts of things happen, but I'm curious to see how/if they are going to resolve it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Well, still no word from their end. The better off of the two plants continues to look somewhat more hydrated, but half of the growths are completely dead. After a bit of examination, it also seems the roots on the entirely wilted plant still appear viable. Hopefully it'll be able to put out some new growth, and in the mean time, they are tucked under the driftwood, laid out on the leaf litter on the viv floor. I Pm'ed everyone who wanted to know where I got them from. Will keep this thread updated when anything develops.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,938 Posts
if I have a heavily wilted plant, or cutting, I tend to keep them in a chamber that can be misted with an ultrasonic. Seems to really pick them up faster than just regular watering.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the tip! I will definitely keep that in mind in the future. One of those plug in ultrasonic foggers would work?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,938 Posts
Thanks for the tip! I will definitely keep that in mind in the future. One of those plug in ultrasonic foggers would work?
Yeah, I just buy a small one and put both in a clear sterlite, or portable closet, for a few days. Set the ultrasonic on a timer and treat maybe 4-6 times a day. Temps have never been an issue for me, but would keep an eye on them just in case the USF heated the container, or if your light source was doing a number on it (I just put near a basement window).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Awesome. Thanks a bunch for the tip. I will definitely make sure to have this stuff on hand in case of future issues. So far, things seems to be doing alright in the viv. I've been misting them lightly 2 or 3 times a day, and the one that still has leaves continues to increase in firmness. All the remaining leaves have very large patches of dead/dessicated tissue though. Since the company has still not sent any sort of correspondence acknowledging this issue, I've gone ahead and opened up a paypal dispute. Would have loved to give them the benefit of the doubt for a bit longer, but the 40 days to open a dispute are just about to expire. We'll see how this goes.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top