Dendroboard banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
927 Posts
hicksonj said:
There are some physics geeks who can get their hands on medium wave (320nm-290nm) leds . . . .
Yeah . . . when I looked into them 6-8 months ago, it was more than just physics geeks--it looked like you had to work at Sandia Labs. Brush up your government clearance levels and get your PhD if you want to get some of those! Joe, have some of those actually trickled into the research areas where typical University folks can get them? I'll bet they are uber expensive, even then!

· Registered
927 Posts
I agree that solid state lighting has come to market relatively quickly, but I know they were being discussed as much as 10+ years ago. I would not have thought UVB LED's would be available on the market as soon as 6 months, but I noticed that the UVC LED's went from scientific papers to production pretty quickly. I'm pleasantly surprised to hear production should occur pretty soon, as I was so angry that I could only find UVC LED's when I was looking. :x Sure, if you want to cook your frog or kill your eggs, UVC is fine, but who wants to do that?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.