Dendroboard banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Perfect for tall vivs and high light plants.
Made with 6.5K diodes.
They project practically NO HEAT. Amazing.

6w Mini Day White 15.99 + 7.00 s&h

15w Day White 64.99 + 10.00 s&h

24w 6.5 CREE *Blaster* 79.99 + 10.00 s&h (reg. 99.99)

These are so new they are not on my website yet. I only have a few left.
Order through paypal directly, send funds to [email protected].... and shoot me an e-mail to order one.

Or, e-mail me if you have any questions on how to use them.

Customers that have got them from me so far LOVE them.
I guarantee you will too.... or return for a full refund

I cannot say enough about these!

Thank you for looking.
Sincerley,
Todd
(fixtures/ stands not included, but I have them if you need them, :).)

Attachments

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Re: LED Power Spotlights, How to use in dome light...

The important thing with these lights is to just make sure they can have good air flow / convection around them so the aluminum cooling fins on the side of the unit can do the job and keep them from getting too hot, shortening the units life-span.

You can use them in a plain suspended or clamped open socket, in a wire guard fixture or in a dome light that DOES NOT set directly down on a glass top. A dome light must be raised up at least 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch or so for air flow.
Also, the dome light should have vent holes at the top of the dome.
You can always drill some if needed.
See pics.

If you need a dome light or wire guard fixture for these lights, just let me know when you order. I have plenty a good price.:)

Thanks! Todd

Attachments

·
Registered
149 Posts
I was wondering how much depth does the light put out? I have converted a 100, 70, and 55 gallon tanks into verts and house tree frogs. I don't have any live plants in these tanks just fake because the light doesn't seem to get down enough. I would like to put live plants in there if I could. Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was wondering how much depth does the light put out? I have converted a 100, 70, and 55 gallon tanks into verts and house tree frogs. I don't have any live plants in these tanks just fake because the light doesn't seem to get down enough. I would like to put live plants in there if I could. Thanks for your time.

Hi Neighbor, :)
The short answer is "yes". They sure would!
The spots have a fairly narrow beam (35 degree angle) and they project the light very well. However, the light doesn't "fan out" much.

On a 55 vert, I would suggest 2 of the 24w CREE 6.5 spots and One (ok .. I can't believe I am recommending this) one inexpensive Home Depot 4-5K white 32w CFL bulb.
The reason is, the spectrum off the CFL in 5K warmer white, along with the cool color of the spotlights would mix VERY well and give you a good plant growing spectrum of light.
The CFL would broadcast the light while the spots would project it down the 3.5 feet - 4 feet needed to reach the lower levels of the tank.

You could try and get by with one 24w LED spot (I know they aren't cheap)... and a 45 watt cfl in a dome light, but then you start getting into the heat issues associated with the bigger CFL bulbs.

If you have a few tanks, I can do a quantity discount on LED spots with a few weeks notice and a deposit.
(That goes for anyone reading this.)
And, depending where you are in Maine, you may not need to worry about shipping cost since I am in Maine too.

If you have big verts.... that is so cool...
You know, it's a shame not to have them all planted up. ;)

Thank you for your interest!
Feel free to e-mail or PM me.
Sincerely,
Todd
lightyourreptiles.com

Attachments

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Would the 6 watt mini bulb be bright enough for a 10 gal vert? Is it bright enough to replace a 23 watt CFL screw in bulb?

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Would the 6 watt mini bulb be bright enough for a 10 gal vert? Is it bright enough to replace a 23 watt CFL screw in bulb?
Hi Phender-

I would have to say yes...
but...
It would not be very bright "all over".
Not quite enough for broms, but fine for philodendrons.

The light would be cool and look like a shaft of sunlight... but spotlights in general don't "fan" out the light much, so the back and sides would not get much light if the spot was over the center.

You may want to consider the 12 Watt one that mounts in a horizontal fixture.
It would be equivalnet to a 23 - 26w Cfl.
That would be a better choice if you had high light plants.

12 Watt Day White LED Unit *Powerful*
12 Watt LED Mini Mount Unit

See below pics. I have one of the 12W on a 12 x 12 x 18 (approx 12 gal.) and the plant growth is fantastic.

If a set-up like that appeals to you, I can put together a "plu & play" set-up for you for a reasonable price... just let me know.
(FYI-- this offer is to anyone reading this... simply shoot me an e-mail.)

Or, like I said, you can go with the 6w if you don't have any plants that require allot of light and paypal 22.99 (15.99 + 7.00 s&h) to [email protected].

Thank you!
Todd

PS: 2 x 6w leds in a double dome would work on a 10 - 15 gal set up.
Zoo Med DOUBLE Mini Deep Dome
Plus, if you wanted... you could have them each on an independant timer to vary the light levels and have mid-day bright light and "dawn" and "dusk".
That is what I do personally. ;)
You would get lush plant growth.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,066 Posts

I have tested that 6w spot for me now for 8 weeks and you have come to the conclusion LED spots can grow plants!!

here is the suntan begonia that it has been over for 8weeks now, it basically brought it back from the dead because it was dead for all intensive purposes.

proof is in the pudding as they say, anyways awesome product with awesome results!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have an exo terra 36-18-24 viv. I have been throwing around different ideas for my lighting. After seeing this post I am wondering how using one or two of these bulbs hanging over one side of my tank would work? I would be going for a bright side and a dimmer side almost emulating a shaft of light shining through a forest canopy. Do you of any viv's set up like this or do you think this may work. Any and all suggestions would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have an exo terra 36-18-24 viv. I have been throwing around different ideas for my lighting. After seeing this post I am wondering how using one or two of these bulbs hanging over one side of my tank would work? I would be going for a bright side and a dimmer side almost emulating a shaft of light shining through a forest canopy. Do you of any viv's set up like this or do you think this may work. Any and all suggestions would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yes, you could create the shaft of sunlight effect with these.:D Thats what makes them so cool. The other thing is that they project NO heat to crack the top glass or overheat the tank.:)

FYI to you and anyone reading...
I have:

(3 left) 6w Mini Day White 15.99 + 7.00 s&h

(3 left) 15w Day White 64.99 + 10.00 s&h

(Only 1 LEFT!) 24w 6.5K CREE *Blaster* 79.99 + 10.00 s&h (reg. 99.99)

These are so new they are not on my website yet. I only have a few left.
Order through paypal directly, send funds to [email protected].... and shoot me an e-mail to order one.

Thanks,
Todd

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts