Dendroboard banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
LightYourReptiles.com is pleased to offer these new screw in LED Units.

These units will convert any Zoo Med or Exo Terra light into an LED unit for the same or LESS than the cost of fluorescent! Two 12 Watt Light Units will do an 18 x 18.

Imported direct from the source by LightYourReptiles.com.
Made using the whitest, brightest 6.5K LEDs available for this application.
The pictures say it all. :)
Click on each thumbnail for a larger view.

29.99 ea. + 5.00 s&h = 34.99
2 for 56.99 + 7.00 s&h = 63.99
1 *Plug n' Play* Unit retrofit in 12" Aqueon striplight. 46.99 + 7.00 s&h = 53.99
They are so new I haven't got them up on the website yet.
To order: PayPal [email protected] and shoot me an e-mail.
Feel free to e-mail pr PM with any questions.
Thank you.
Todd
[email protected]
lightyourreptiles.com

PS. I am using them myself. I actually have had the prototypes for 5+ weeks. Tested them out and LOVE THEM. Plants showed none of the ill effects that poor, weak LEDs can cause.
Also, my set ups are running allot cooler. And that is important this time of year!
Your Satisfaction is Guaranteed with LightYourReptiles.com.

**Canadian Orders Welcome, but because of the Canadian Postal Strike... please e-mail me first to coordinate shipping and discuss options/ cost of shipping. Thanks. **

Attachments

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
LED Light is now Affordable. 12" Plug and Play Strip.

LED Light is now Affordable. 12" Plug and Play Strip.
*Plug n' Play* Unit retrofit in 12" Aqueon striplight. 46.99 + 7.00 s&h = 53.99
They are so new I haven't got them up on the website yet.
To order: PayPal [email protected] and shoot me an e-mail.
Feel free to e-mail pr PM with any questions.
Thank you.
Todd
[email protected]
lightyourreptiles.com

Attachments

·
Registered
189 Posts
Oh wow these look great! I'm assuming these are 6500k temp e27 base LED bulbs, then? Could we get lumens readings at different heights? Needless to say I'll remember this for when I finish my current viv.

Andy

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh wow these look great! I'm assuming these are 6500k temp e27 base LED bulbs, then? Could we get lumens readings at different heights? Needless to say I'll remember this for when I finish my current viv.

Andy
Hi Andy,
I was told they were 680 lumens by the manufacturer.
I am not putting that out as "fact"... I am just tossing it out there because you asked.:)
Frankly, it seems weird and I am having a hard time wrapping my head around it.
Because it seems SO much brighter!
In the side by side picture below, I am using the bulb many hobbyists use for the comparison, the 27 Watt HomeDepot Ecosmart Daylight CFL.
Those are rated as 1750 lumens on the package.
And then there is my LED on the right.
The LED is directional*, so all of the light points down.
Maybe that is why it looks practically equal in light output?
I am not sure what to make of it. :cool:
Thank you for looking,
Todd
* Note: the metal body of the unit swivels!
No matter how it ends up pointing when its screwed it in, just turn the body of the unit. It rotates separate from the base so it always points down or the way you want.
That is a great feature I forgot to mention above.
PS. I am also offering a "Parallel Dual Socket Kit" so two of these LED Units can be run parallel out of one socket. Talk about bright!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Man these look nice.

I think you're right about why these lights appear much brighter. Its almost point source illumination. All of the lumens produced by these are comming from a much smaller area and are focused, compared to a CFL tube that emits light in all directions along the length of the spiral.

I'm really tempted to try one out. Do you know if a 10k version is expected anytime?

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm really tempted to try one out. Do you know if a 10k version is expected anytime?
Hi Doug.
Not that I am aware of.
But the next time I communicate with my peeps, I can ask them.
On the chance they have some pre-made, I will see if I can grab a few. But that would be a month or two off.
In the meantime, you should try one of these.:D
They are very crisp white.
I am totally serious when I say that you must be 100% satisfied or your money back.
FYI... When I got the first sample in the mail 5 weeks ago...the thing that blew my mind when I first turned it on:
I was looking directly at it and *wow*, I saw spots for 5 min. afterward.:eek:
I was literally e-mailing China while my vision was still impaired to procure a quantity of them!
他们是优秀的。
Thank you for your interst.
Todd

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Hey Todd

These have to be used horizontal correct? From the former pic it looked like it. I have domes on my main viv.....Any chance of spot light LED units coming in at a reasonable cost?

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey Todd

These have to be used horizontal correct? From the former pic it looked like it. I have domes on my main viv.....Any chance of spot light LED units coming in at a reasonable cost?
Hi Azurel,
Yes, these are for horizontal use.
They do have a spot configuration(s) with screw base....but they are not made with these exact same diodes.
That is a concern, because the diodes in these are nicest I have come across so far for our purposes and application.

I will see if I can get some samples of the spots to test and go from there.

Thank you.
Todd

·
Registered
215 Posts
How's the color on these? Most LED's I have seen give a very white, cold-looking light that is rather unattractive. If you listed a color temperature, I apologize, as I must have completely missed it lol.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
How's the color on these? Most LED's I have seen give a very white, cold-looking light that is rather unattractive. If you listed a color temperature, I apologize, as I must have completely missed it lol.
LEDs do, by nature, tend to be more "repressed" in the red bands of the spectrum.
These are the best looking ones I have come across so far.
It would be intersting to flash forward 5-10 years and see how LED technology has evolved.

Thank you for your interst.
Todd

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi Shawn.
No .. not yet.....
I gotta get 'em up. I know!:eek:
PS: I got exo hoods 12" thru 24" in stock in quantity...as well as zoo med 12 & 24 inch.... and side mount simple socket arrangements that can zip-tie to racks to put LED light units up easy for "area" LED lighting on rack set-ups. hint ;)
Pics and new LED post coming soon.
Thank you.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
another great thing about this light is that is really and truely white light, the compact hd fluorescent look yellow in comparison to these.
Thank you, Julio!
Yes, they do have a nice even white color light.
I was pleased with the diodes they used in the making them.:D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts