Dendroboard banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, Just wanted to ask where everyone gets their LECA? looking for bulk sized if possable. something the size of a big bag of mulch...just so It'll last for a while.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You might want to check larger nurseries with orchid supplies, I found it a lot cheaper there

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
It is most common under the brand name Hydroton. It is sold at hydroponic gardening places as well. Just do a search for Hydroton and you'll come up with tons of links. They even sell it on ebay.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Swann,
I've been on a local search for the stuff for about a week now for my next project. I've got a buddy in the landscaping business helping me out, so if I find something I'll let you know. I'm thinking at least one of the local nurseries should have it or be able to get it.

·
Vendor
2,846 Posts
Just do a search for hydroponic stores in your city (i.e. google "hydroponics Chicago" if you live in chicago). These stores are popping up everywhere. I found a hydroponics store (actually 3 of them) less than 10 minutes from me. The cost is the same as online, you just don't have to pay shipping (which is usually $20+). Also, these hydroponic stores sell ballasts, bulbs, etc. which are comparable in price but you don't have to pay shipping.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts