Dendroboard banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody just left a clutch of auratus, tinc, azureus eggs etc alone? How do the tadpoles feed themselves and everything in the wild? Nobody is going to feed them spirulina flake food and change the water in their native bromeliad pools. What do the tadpoles eat in the wild?

·
Registered
292 Posts
The frogs you mentioned feed on a variety of foods in the wild such as algae, detritus, insect larvae, and other organic materials, including other tadpoles (as in the case of Tinctorius). The parents just deposit them in small pools of water or water-filled notches in trees, so the tads don't recieve any parental care.

·
Administrator
13,229 Posts
I have some azureus eggs I am leaving right now, too soon to tell if the male will carry them to water, but he sure seems to get ticked when I remove them so we will see.

Froggt said:
How many people have had success with leaving their vent eggs alone or other tumbnails????

G

·
Back in the day, I left eggs of D. imitator, D. ventrimaculatus, D. variabilis, D. i. intermedius, and probably a few others without knowing it. All did well. The D. variabilis were so shy I didn't realize they bred until I tore the tank apart and found twice as many as I put in...
J

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
well we are doing the same thing, just let the frogs take care of them. our g&B auratus just laid a clutch on wed the 19th and laid another on sunday the 23rd. we are hoping that they will take care of them. find out soon i guess...funny thing is we got them on may 1st. :shock: have had all other frogs over a year and no eggs. :cry: I just don't get it..... :?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts