Dendroboard banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just refinished replanting my 24x18x36 vivarium, containing 1.1 Polychrus marmoratus and 6 Phyllobates terribilis 'mint'. The Polychrus are a true canopy species, requiring high humidity, and remain at the top of the vivarium, while the P. terribilis mainly inhabit the lower levels. Both do a great job eating the crickets the other misses.

Full tank shot:

Upper part of vivarium:

Compacta hybrid Close-up:

Female Polychrus marmoratus:

Male Polychrus marmoratus:

Male Polychrus marmoratus again:

Moss close-up:

Phyllobates terribilis 'Mint':

Another Phyllobates terribilis 'Mint':

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Man, that is really ugly Zack. You should probably just toss it out on the curb (but do call me first so that I can take a closer look after you do so). :)

Nice work.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
The only thing missing is some nice toiliet paper, uh, er, I mean leaves...:D

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Nice work.... Lovin the clump of broms. Pretty soon that terrib will be too fat and heavy to get all the way up there. lol

·
Registered
6,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice work.... Lovin the clump of broms. Pretty soon that terrib will be too fat and heavy to get all the way up there. lol
You'd be surprised - the terribs are already a year old and about 1.25" long. I was pretty shocked to find that they've continued to utilize 2/3 of the vertical space in this tank pretty consistently.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Those terribilis look spray painted with metallic green and yellow. I've never seen mints like that with a sort of blending from a yellowish green on the back to a real mint green on the legs. Very nice.

BTW - I love the bicolors. They are chowing down on the hydei I got from you in Daytona. I never thought much of them in most pictures, but as usual, they are stunning in person. Does Josh have any true green-legged adults in his breeding group? I'd love to have at least one with really green legs.

Nice job re-viving the enclosure. The broms add a lot.

·
Registered
6,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
BTW - I love the bicolors. They are chowing down on the hydei I got from you in Daytona. I never thought much of them in most pictures, but as usual, they are stunning in person. Does Josh have any true green-legged adults in his breeding group? I'd love to have at least one with really green legs.
Yah, it's a 2.1 group, and the female seems to have more greenish legs than the others. I think it's more apparent in adults, as opposed to froglets.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Those terribilis look spray painted with metallic green and yellow. I've never seen mints like that with a sort of blending from a yellowish green on the back to a real mint green on the legs. Very nice.
Ya that's what I was thinking, I've never seen such yellow terribilis.

Very nice tank as usual Zach. Great tank to show how mixing should be done.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts