Dendroboard banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I heard these are REALLY shy species (standard & panguana), I would love to hear your expieriences raising these frogs. I think they are beautiful but want to know how much they are "out-and-about".

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
My standards are fairly shy, they are out everytime I go in my frogroom but they quickly dive for cover. I don't have experience with panguanas but I think they would be fairly shy as well.

·
Registered
301 Posts
We see our panguana morph all the time, but they definitely came out more when they were old enough to breed. I wouldn't take this as a generalization because my tank may create different behaviors than another person's tank, but I find them to be much more bold than the standard lamasi, which we have also. I did find that our standard lamasi di become more bold when they began breeding too, just not to the same extent.

Our panguana like to climb along the roof of the tank, kind of neat to see.

Christina

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
I love them! They are fairly bold in my tank. This might have something to do with them being kept in groups (5+).

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The four I received will go into a 15 gallon high. It may need a few more plants though I might just let it grow out (there are some short plants in the background that will ultimately fill the backside of the viv). I have to see how bold they are once they become used to their new surroundings. Shy or not, I agree that they are beautiful frogs.

Bill

·
Registered
621 Posts
Wow, nice aquisition Elmoisfive. I was always a big fan of Standard Lamasi, until the 1st time i saw some of Phil's pictures. I realized that Panguana have their own uniqueness that make them quite amazing as well. Its all in the legs, their legs are really cool looking. Good Luck with them.

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks. I love the look of the standard lamasi as well...one day I hope I'll be lucky enough to be able to get some of them.

You may not recognize them but a couple of the broms that I picked up from you at the Indy show are in the viv (top left and top right).

Bill

·
Registered
621 Posts
oh i recognized em, especially my beloved Zoe. I had to get myself another one of those cause I liked them so much. Next time we will have Neo. Annicks as well, which can be viewed in my gallery in the 15 gallon galac tank. It shouldnt be that hard for you to come across Standard Lamasi in the future, several smart local froggers have them and I expect them and Amazonicus to be my next additions. No plans yet for the purchases, but I dont plan on getting anything else.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts