Dendroboard banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
7 ft tall 7ft wide and 2ft deep. the lighting at the top takes up about a ft and the water portion at the bottom also takes up a ft.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Promising. Keep on going.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i dont know what im going to put in it. it is so big i hate to wast it on just frogs so i was thinking i could do some red eye tree frogs, day geckos, anoles maybe a turtle in the pool area. have my own ecosystem in my living room. i am open to suggestions on what i should all put in it.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Great looking set up. It is highly suggested that most herps should not be mixed with others. The numerous conflicts aren't worth the trouble.

I don't have any personal suggestions but maybe a pair of rarer, more unique animals would be more rewarding than an array of common ones.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah I know I need to get a good camera that was just my phone. It is huge and that background looks so much better when your standing in front of it.

I have heard from a few people that in a viv this big i could mix tree frogs and geckos, i would like to have chameleons in it, but your only suppost to have one in a cage. I also dont think my ventilation will be good enough for chameleons. i could just do alot of darts but that could get expensive.

·
Registered
85 Posts
If that was my viv, I would totally put a pair of rhacodactylus trachyrhynchus in there (and nothing else). Those two geckos alone would cost you 5000+ (and that's for unsexed juveniles!!)...haha.

Even doing just tree frogs and geckos could get expensive. I think that's just how its going to be.

I would not put any turtles in there if you're going to have frogs and geckos, you never know when they're going to go after one! Also if you put geckos/lizards in, make sure you put a lot of stuff in the water for them to climb up on, otherwise they will drown in that deep of water if they happen to fall in. Geckos particularly are not swimmers (the exception is rhacodactylus trachyrhynchus, they actually can swim). If you mix species too, you'll have to figure out things like uvb bulbs and basking lights and what not for such things like lizards or turtles...

Like you said, I would agree that chameleons would not be suited to a vivarium such as that.

Very cool viv, look forward to it being planted!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think your right anything I put in it will get expensive. I'm sure ill have at least $300 worth the animals living in this viv. Same with planting it, Ill have alot of money stuck into plants. I really hope I can get some good moss growth across the background.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts