Dendroboard banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone seen these before? They started popping up in the sphagnum that my Ecuagenera plants are packaged in... about the size of black springs. Pictures will come later.

Ashton

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
No bugs here, but I did have to change source for spaghnum as I kept having a cottony appearing fungus growing in it and it gave off a strong odor and was killing frogs.

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
I'll take some of those! Bet I can come up with a nice bug trade that will put you ahead on the swap.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Pictures will be up tomorrow. I try to get in an order of plants from Ecuagenera at least once a year, at a show or shipped (they import their plants themselves from Ecuador). Culturing should take a while as I have only located about 5 of them... I should be able to send out starter colonies in a month if things go well.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Sorry for the delay, finals consumed my life last week.

Adults are much more blue and a little larger than that one next to my thumb.

Ashton

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Sorry for the delay, finals consumed my life last week.

Adults are much more blue and a little larger than that one next to my thumb.

Ashton
Pics way to small to get a good idea, any chance you can post another one zoomed in or a bigger one? can't tell the difference between that, tomocerus, mini temperate silvers, etc in that one

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

I don't have a quality camera on me so this is all I can do. It's probably appearing white from the reflection of the camera flash on it. It's actually a navy shade of metallic blue. In comparison to Tomocerus, I'd say it's just a hair bigger fully grown.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts