Dendroboard banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
The kind I use is called cowboy charcoal. I get mine at the hardware store, with all the other grilling charcoal.

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Lowe's
Sometimes available as COWBOY brand and sometimes available as FRONTIER brand. Either brand is the same thing, hardwood charcoal.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys, i was at Home Depot today and they didnt have any... i may have looked in the wrong area, i was in the garden area. i will check it out more tomorow.

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
other places that sell grills, like nurseries/garden centers are apt to have some. Don't forget to wash it...very dusty stuff.

·
Registered
987 Posts
You can also find it at about any grocery store. Any brand will work, just make sure it is natural lump charcoal.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Here In Raleigh I know only Lowes has the COWBOY brand Homedepot doesn't carry any natural wood charcoal. Lowes must have exclusive rights to that company.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Lowes for me here. Cowboy charcoal.

I don't buy it any more. I grew tired of black gummy bears dangling out of my nose for a week. Unless you're you're cranking out bugs like Pumilo, it's easier to just grab a few bags of the stuff that has been pre-ground from one of our sponsors.

My 2 cents. Your gummy bears may vary.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts