Dendroboard banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A while back I was given a pair of Orange lamasi (sirensis, I know, but at least I didn't say O. lamasi) in a horizontal 10 gallon tank. I knew they were in there because I could hear calling, but the tank was so completely overgrown you couldn't see any farther than an inch in. I just kept it humid, and dumped in bugs for about a year. Now that I'm finally moving them to a newly built tank, I tear the tank down and find 5 froglets, 1 tadpole, and 4 eggs.

So I now have 5 lamasi tads. I've been doing larger frogs for a while, but I'm fairly new to thumbnail breeding. Any recommendations on optimum tad raising? Communal or singular? Successful diets? I guess what I'm saying is that I've raised tincs/phyllobates/galact tads for a while now and have found what works, do I need to change anything?

·
Registered
8,465 Posts
I've raised a bunch of Lamasii tads :D

Let's see. Individual containers, as they tend to eat each other. It's said that they do that if lacking protein. I say, why risk it. I fed a good fish flake (Omega I if I recall), with some crunched up dried bloodworms now and then. Their cups had small pieces of almond leaves and a little algae from a glass of water I keep in the window. They got partial water changes. Tap water treated with Prime.

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
We raise our Green Lamasi individually in about 16 oz cups. We toss an oak leaf into each one. We use tap water treated for chlorine. We feed about 80% Ocean Nutrition Formula One flake food with about 10% spirulina flake and about 10% Freeze Dried Cyclop Eeze.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts