Dendroboard banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a couple D.imitators from Aaroms frog farm around June 30th. Aaron told me that he grabed a couple froglets that hungout alot on the same leaves ect and that when he sees them doing this sometimes they turn out to be a pair. This seemed like a stretch to me. But as they have grown one has turned out a little longer then the other so I have been thinking its a female. This morning as I ploped my self down on the couch I heard his TRILL and then moments later there it was again. So I crept up to the large jar im keeping them in and I got to id the frog making the call and it was the smaller of two. I have filters going in my pipa pipa and Axolotls tanks and they make alot of noise if I dont keep the water levels up. It wasnt for a long time that I finally heard my mourning geckos comunicate with one another. And this morning my brother happened to have it unpluged and I got to hear the frogs. So im going to run there filters alot less when im around so I hear whats going on. I hope these guys know all about the birds and the bees so I can get some eggs here soon.

G

·
You have any pictures of the mourning geckos? I've never found any and I've never seen any mourning geckos for sale.... They are the parthogenic (sp?) species right?

-tad

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes they are. I will have some pics of mine up in the near future. All 5 of them have layed and Im hoping to have them hatch soon. You can also see some new eggs in there bellys that should be on there way soon. Im hoping to trade some in the future for frogs ect.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts