Dendroboard banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever used Krylon Fusion paint in their vivariums before? I once had to paint something in my fish pond, and a few different people recommended Krylon Fusion, saying it was safe once cured. I used it on my fish tub submerged filter box (with delicate fancy goldfish no less) and so far, so good! So it seems safe for fish. Should also be safe for frogs, right?

·
Registered
70 Posts
I would assume so. If it is safe for fish then it shows it cures to a non-toxic, non-leaching state and would be safe for frogs. What are you painting? The one thing I would worry about is if the paint started to age/degrade and flake off or break apart.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have had it on an overflow bax in an aquarium for more than four years now it has not peeled or flaked off any. Some of the fish have been in there from the first day with no problems.

·
Registered
70 Posts
rbrock: Sweet! That is good to know. Can the painted surface take scrubbing/cleaning? I have some filter components in a reef tank I would like to paint but I have to make sure the surface can take weekly algae scrubbing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts