Dendroboard banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Update:
Its been 5 days since the vet and We've made some adjustments based on the vet's reccomendation. He ruled out infections and obstructions and believes Kero has low sugars/nutrients and could use a warmer habitat. We've started giving him some wax worms and got a heating pad to raise the temp to 80-82 during the day. He also told us to do a honey bath once a week to help with his sugars which did seem to help on the day he got them (Kero would actually hop more afterwards).Seizures are still happening but we have follow up appointments booked and hope to see some change to his health soon. Thanks everyone :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Update:
Its been 5 days since the vet and We've made some adjustments based on the vet's reccomendation. He ruled out infections and obstructions and believes Kero has low sugars/nutrients and could use a warmer habitat. We've started giving him some wax worms and got a heating pad to raise the temp to 80-82 during the day. He also told us to do a honey bath once a week to help with his sugars which did seem to help on the day he got them (Kero would actually hop more afterwards).Seizures are still happening but we have follow up appointments booked and hope to see some change to his health soon. Thanks everyone :)
It's soo good to hear how he's doing! Glad it's nothing too serious. Thanks for the update

·
Premium Member
2,142 Posts
Hmm this is really interesting and I would like to learn more. Amphibians as a class normally have lowest blood sugar levels of all chordates. I am fascinated to know more about the role of simple sugars in correcting this kind of issue.

·
Premium Member
2,142 Posts
There are transport mechanisms, under the radar of usual discussion, so im being sincere. I do have concerns with honey becoming more of the internet sensation than it is, admittedly, but I have an open mind.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts