Dendroboard banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Looks great to me. What camera are you using and with what lens? Is this a single shot or focus stacked?

I just have a basic canon rebel with a 100mm macro, and was thinking about getting a set of tubes especially now that spring is comming. What do you like/dislike about them? Obviously the smaller dof must be trickier to get used to, but what about working distance? Does it increase, decrease, or stay the same?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's a Tamron 90 mm Macro f2.8. Most amazing lens ever. The Kenko tubes require crazy exposure times, leading to unsharp pictures. The working distance decreases DRAMATICALLY. You pretty much have to be up your subject's you know what.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Yeah I was afraid of that. The added length decreases overall light also, which doesnt help the exposure times. I herd it was about half a stop darker when all 3 tubes are attached.

Have you tried focus stacking? It takes some getting used to for sure, but you can get away with much faster shutter speeds so long as the subject stays still for the series of shots.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts