Dendroboard banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know, I know, its all about good temps but Im having trouble keeping my temps up because its gotten a bit colder in Ontario. Daytime is OKAYY not perfect but I'll be ok with them(lower than Id like), but nighttime im afraid they're getting too low.
Anything I can do? I have no water features to use a tank heater, or empty space falsebottom to put it their either.
Help?
-Matt

·
Registered
701 Posts
Try an undertank heater. Keeps your tank warm, but get one no more than 10 watts for a PDF tank, but if your temps get below 60f you should get a 15w or similar.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
its cold here too - i replaced my bulb with a bigger watt one. Raised the tank temp a couple of degrees.

·
Registered
3,798 Posts
heat the room. there are plenty of affordable hydronic and oil filled radiators available. you can even get a thermostat (like one made by LUX) that plugs in to your wall and controlls your heater.

james

·
Registered
446 Posts
I agree with the heat the room comment.. less likely to have a disaster and easier to adjust.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Try an undertank heater. Keeps your tank warm, but get one no more than 10 watts for a PDF tank, but if your temps get below 60f you should get a 15w or similar.
not sure that is the best way to go as if any water from misting or watering the plants gets to where the stick on heater is boom goes the glass and frogs and everything could go everywhere if the glass breaks enough. like james said heat the room or even a small room heater with a fan blowing it towards the tank.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts