Dendroboard banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are some things people "keep note" of when record keeping? I have a ton of scribbled mile-stones/dates/etc. here and there with little to 0 sense behind it, and I was going to organize it and begin an organized record keeping effort. What is most important to note, why, and is there a template someone would like to share?

All my thanks, My frogs(...And I...) are in debt to the knowledge of this community!

JBear

·
Registered
222 Posts
I keep a word document - its easy to pull up to check lines, ages, etc when I am ordering and researching stuff online. I record the species and morph name, where they are located naturally, the name of my frog, when it was originally oow, who I received it from, its line, and if it is wild caught. Here is an example of my auratus info:

Dendrobates auratus - green and bronze [Panama]
Leo oow 5/17/11, Allen Hunter, Sean Stewart line
Luke ~2 months oow on 7/24/11, Chris MacMillen, Macpoison line, F1 from wild-caught parents

I also keep a list of useful links and other information in the same document. Here are the ones I keep so far...

• Culturing flour beetles: Flour Beetles-Doyle's Dart Den
Reptile Supplies, Reptiles, Amphibians, Invertebrates, Cages, Feeders, and More
Josh's Frogs - Largest online herps feeders and reptile supplies store
Reptile Supplies by ReptileDirect.com
New England Herpetoculture - Home
PetSolutions | Pet Supplies for All Pets Since 1950
Pet Supplies, Pet Accessories, and Many Pet Products | PetSmart
• German Lamasi site
• German Auratus site
• German Tinctorius site
• Emergency Information: Dr. David M. Frye (DVM) [email protected]

·
Registered
179 Posts
Mine are similar but I keep them in a notebook that I keep in the frog room. I record the species name, morph/local name, my source, the line, date I got the frog, oow date if available, price I paid and any other relevant info.
I also assign each tank an number and record notes using it. I'll try to record any unusual behavior, breeding details (what, where, how many, etc.), 1st calling and courting info (date, time of day observed, even on rare occasion a corresponding weather note...i.e. big storm or major pressure change). I record lay dates, hatch dates, dates when I move tads to walk out and dates when they come out of the water.
I also record any dates when I change diet, supplements and on the rare occasion that something needs to be treated I record what, why, what the treatment was, how long the treatment lasted and how successful it is.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts