Dendroboard banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after doing a lot of research and thinking long and hard I've decided that I'm going to be getting a pair of vents as my first frogs. I just want to make sure that what I'm planning on housing them in is a good idea. I'm planning on keeping them in quarantine type enclosure (4 gallons, kritter keeper type) with leca, sphagnum moss and some plants for a month or two to make sure they're feeding, in good health, etc. I'm going to seed the tank with springtails beforehand as well. Is this a good idea, or would it be better to place them in the 10g vert that's going to be their final home as soon as I get them?

and one more thing, what types of plants would do well in the small tank setting? I know pothos will grow just about anywhere, but I want to add some more plants to add more coverage for the little guys and add some more vertical height for them. thanks!

·
Administrator
8,804 Posts
If you had your location in your profile - "local" keepers (I'm one of them) of Vents might contact you .

I'll agree with Justin (who posts below) that as long as you're not adding the frogs to a tank with current occupants - you can likely just add them straight to the tank.

A 10g tank would be fine for a pair. Any more and you'd definitely want a larger tank.

Scott
Sanford, Maine

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think if that's your only frogs you may be more satisfied (as would the frogs) with a larger terrarium. Even say a 20 gallon high or so would give you much more to look at. Also, I'm going to go against better reason and say since they'll be CB, and your only frogs, that you could skip the quarantine period. If they're at least half grown, you should have no problems.
j

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.