Dendroboard banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, this is a first post hello and a sharing of my viv. for my three beautiful orange galacs :D
Also thought id include my galachuts (hahah get it:rolleyes:). made them as they like tight confined hiding spots compared to the coconut large cavities.

the galacs themselves are very diff, i have three (thats it no more, please dont preach about size, this is a temp viv until my project custom built viv is done). one is so bold that it sleep under a pathos leaf, one that is super shy, and one that is kinda shy (very light yellow not the standard orange)
the viv contains and was built for plants then PDFs just found their way in there some how:confused::D
Pathos,Bamboo,Frog moss, Cyclamen,Duck weed,Button Fern,Brazilian pathos,oyster plant,Aspar Plumosa fern,Selaginella, Selaginella Kraussian,Mini aroid vine,Ficus Pumila, Baby tears, Tillandsai pink lady, Tillandsai bulbosa Dendrophylax lindenii(ghost orchid) (my pride and joy little guy), dendrophylax funalis (fairly mature)

so with out further wait the pics

the pingpong huts

was hard getting a pic of it covered..

·
Registered
827 Posts
I never see anyone's first PDF to be galacs anymore. I know they haven't been around the hobby as long as others but I always see them for sale but always wonder who is buying them lol They seem to be underrated. A very cool species in my opinion and a challenge to breed usually. Always made me wonder why I'd see them on big vendor lists cheap. Someone must be having great success with them lol I never have but would like to try again.

Too bad moonshine and Koi galacs weren't more available right now...would be a cool fad to see a lot of people crazy over galacs.

Tank looks great! Hope you will raise them up for breeding! :cool:

D

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys, that was my first post not my first PDF. my first was a Bakhui a little while back. and yeah i may look into breeding but it is not a primary concern at the moment.

·
Registered
Plants.
597 Posts
I'm getting ready to build a 40br viv here this summer once it warms up around these parts, and I'm really, really leaning towards some red galacs. Ever since I first saw these guys I've been totally obsessed. Now, if I can just get them to Alaska alive :/. Nice frogs!

·
Registered
161 Posts
I have also noticed that my Orange Galacts really like to sleep in tight spots. I have 2 that cram into a single film can. They are over a year old and not exactly small anymore. I have noticed that mine spend a lot of time on the second level of the viv and not much time on the floor. Of course this could be temp related as it is a bit warmer on the upper level.
Doug

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Nice looking frogs. I love galacts. I have some red galacts, and lots of orange galacts. They can be shy, but are definitely worth it! Sweet little guys.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
:eek:ugh this is such a love hate relationship. i watch behaviors way too much. the light yellowish Galac seems to not be putting on the weight as much as id like. she eats and i see her eat, but the other two are starting to out grow it fast. i hope its just frog pubirty since the other two are a little older i think...hell i dont even know about how old any of the three are:confused: one of them like i said is SUPER bold (not really shy frogs), i dont think ive ever seen it hiding except at night, now se likes it under a cyclman leaf.

she also seems to be either up high or in one of the huts. if she starts loosing weight ill pull her but right now she still has a good sized gut (wish she had more mass in the legs) i digress. ill keep this updated.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Maybe I'm being a worried owner hahah but saw good activity and great eating maybe ten+ flies while I was watching. It looks good, maybe just timid since the others got big real quick (maybe saw the other two eat 15 20 flies each) . But like I said I may be just a worried owner

·
Registered
209 Posts
Awesome viv! Also love the frogs are they orange or yellow galacts?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.