Dendroboard banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am excited to keep these frogs! I have heard they have a great personality and are quite hardy. I have also read that the call is nice, and that they are quite enthusiatic feeders. Is there anything anyone would like to say about this species to help me, or to share your experiences? I would love to hear! Thanks!

JBear

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wonderful pic!!!! Thanks for sharing! I appreciate the tips as well!

JBear

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Received the frogs this afternoon! They look great! They are still very young juvs and have not fully colored up yet, which is awesome! At what age will males begin to call? Thanks!

Pics will be taken when they are in the QT tank!

JBear

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
These frogs are extremely bold! After just half a day in the QT the frogs are constantly visible, and show no fear when approached! The colors of these little guys is fantastic as well! I can't wait to add to my group! LOL!

JBear

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My frogs came from Josh's Frogs, so if you supplied him, then yes, they are from you... All my thanks! Here are some more pics!

JBear

Attachments

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
They are very young yet, but very well started. Amazingly bold dart frog. More so than my Tincs were at this age, and my Tincs don't even respond when my hand is in the viv(literally right next to or above the frogs) now. I can't wait to see how the Bicos act as adults! Although it is well noted that Bicos will take crickets when older, are they to be avoided, or limited? I generally remove the back legs from crickets prior to feeding, but I have never used them for darts. What is the general thought on crickets as a 50/50 staple along side FFs?

Thanks for the help!

JBear

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.