Dendroboard banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had such a "you know your a frogger when" moment. I was sitting at my parent's house eating breakfast, looked out the window, and noticed, for the first time in 24 years, that we have hundreds of pin oaks in our back yard. Needless to say, 20 minute later I came out of the mulch pile in the back woods with a 40 gallon trash bag filled to the bursting point with leaves. Try explaining that one :)

·
Premium Member
13,230 Posts
LOL, nice find.

hicksonj said:
I just had such a "you know your a frogger when" moment. I was sitting at my parent's house eating breakfast, looked out the window, and noticed, for the first time in 24 years, that we have hundreds of pin oaks in our back yard. Needless to say, 20 minute later I came out of the mulch pile in the back woods with a 40 gallon trash bag filled to the bursting point with leaves. Try explaining that one :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Joe,

I had a similar experience in my parents yard. I grew up climbing in a huge magnolia tree and had a tire swing haging from a pin oak as well. Never thought much of those trees until I got into darts....now everywhere I go and everything I do, I take my frogs into consideration and ponder how they could benefit from the many day to day things I come across. Great luck with those leaves...I'm sure your tads will enjoy them. ;)

-Bill J.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
does one ever stop thinkin'?

i dont' see tree like that but for the fallen branches or the roots that might be on a fallen tree. sometimes just an average hike ends up a collected exibition for many of the hhair and rock cap mosses and well as some moss covers woods. i heard some one call it an addiction but it's almost like a bahavior syndrome or something. LOL.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does that mean we have a problem? I am always on the lookout for thing to put in my darts vivs.Finding magnolia trees up here in Iowa is a challenge but I will someday.
Mark

1 - 5 of 5 Posts