Dendroboard banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newest build. 40 gallon breeder converted to front opening. Will house my 2 powder blues when they grow a bit. Got a mistking so hoping the moss and riccia will take off.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
3,287 Posts
I agree about the moss.

The heat emitter is troubling. I can't tell from the pics what the ventilation looks like, but heating a viv usually causes pretty bad condensation issues. There are cases in which a CHE/heat lamp has caused glass to break, and that emitter looks to be over glass. Personally, I wouldn't be comfortable with that degree of localized heating through anything but ceramic glass, but for the cost of that glass a better temperature control scheme could be implemented.

Even with properly safe glass, the temp of the glass under the CHE would certainly be high enough to burn frogs. I don't know that there is any anecdotal info on how frogs avoid localized high temps, but if all other herps are any indication they would not reliably keep themselves from getting burned.

Reactions: Encyclia

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello and welcome.

That tank on the bottom is beautiful. I would, however, recommend a thick layer of leaf litter on top of the substrate. Despite the many, many YouTube videos moss on top of the substrate isn't beneficial for Dart frogs.
Yeah just waiting for the leaf litter to come in...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts