Dendroboard banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got three Dendrobates tinctorius 'Bakhuis' froglets from black jungle these are my first frogs and they are in a 20g long so not much space for climbing but it was a free thank so I'm not complaining. just wanted to post a few pics

the pics are edited so it looks darker in the tank then it is

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to the hobby!
I wouldn't worry too much about room for climbing. Yes, as you've seen, they will climb some (especially when young), but they are a terrestrial frog and will be happy without a lot of height to the viv.

Reactions: B-NICE

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was hoping it wasn't a female :eek: the toe pads look bigger but their froglets so I'll find out

·
Registered
146 Posts
Nice Frogs..
Im shopping for next species for my 125 gal build, many months down the line yet but...keeps me thinking... I like them frogs so.... who knows...
Larry

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice Frogs..
Im shopping for next species for my 125 gal build, many months down the line yet but...keeps me thinking... I like them frogs so.... who knows...
Larry
I highly recommend them they are a dwarf tic so they shouldn't get too much bigger ( they will grow but not as much as some). I don't know how many you could put in a tank of that size but be sure to post pics :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
I highly recommend them they are a dwarf tic so they shouldn't get too much bigger ( they will grow but not as much as some). I don't know how many you could put in a tank of that size but be sure to post pics :)
Agreed, I also got a trio of Bakhuis for my first frogs and they are wonderful frogs, usually quite bold and out in the open to view. In a tank of that size you could (in theory) fit 10-12 frogs in the tank but that is up to you and your budget.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Agreed, I also got a trio of Bakhuis for my first frogs and they are wonderful frogs, usually quite bold and out in the open to view. In a tank of that size you could (in theory) fit 10-12 frogs in the tank but that is up to you and your budget.
10-12 frogs in a 20 gallon long?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thought I would post some more pics

The first few days they hid a lot but now they are out all the time:)and climbing all over the drift wood

1 - 15 of 15 Posts