Dendroboard banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi im getting a viv with 7 southern variabilis just starting out with frogs just looking for info on everything please and where to place film canisters

·
Registered
615 Posts
info on everything please
That's a really big ask. A quick search of the forum and care sheets can get you started.

where to place film canisters
Mine use black film cannisters positioned at an angle, at all heights in the vivarium except the leaf litter. Plant cover around the cannister can make them more secure/appealing.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Have you tried reading the care guides? What is your background, viv size / do you have pictures of the viv? what are you planning on feeding? etc.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Ive tried searching here is a pic of my setup frogs have been in around 12 month prior to me buying them there is 7 in total ive read loads but u can never have to much advice
"Try" makes it sound like it you weren't successful?

Looks like all the hard work is done; good looking vivarium from where I'm sitting with mist heads and lighting. I can't tell how big it is, and a stock response might be to watch how all 7 do together, but it's obviously been working for 12 months, and I've personally kept this species/locale in higher population densities than most other darts.

I'd say make sure you have a good handle on feeders and supplementation. Be ready for tadpoles with these guys- even without film cannisters they'll find places to lay. I've pulled all my cannisters and instead leave a water filled condiment cup for tadpole deposition. I pull tads and rear outside the viv.

·
Registered
728 Posts

took about 3 seconds to find the care guide for you!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Anyone any pics on where to place film canisters ive noticed my male carrying a tadpole

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

took about 3 seconds to find the care guide for you!
Thanks for that ive already read it

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ive got some coconut husks over petri dishes in at the moment until my canisters arrive

1 - 13 of 13 Posts