Dendroboard banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's a pretty lazy Sunday afternoon around here, so I thought I'd post a few snap shots.

This is a 2.2 group of Casti's. I found 2 clutches of eggs (8 total) about 10 minutes later.

Here's my wc male Surinam. He's not a great breeder but I like him anyway ;) I've always liked this pic because he looks like he's striking a "show-dog" pose.

Female Bruno

G

·
I really like the pic of the fem bruno, it is really cool. :)

Randy I have some D. pumilios Bastimentos and I know the males because they call. I have another one that has never called but i am not certain if she is a female. I know with the bigger frogs like auratus and tincs i can tell them apart. are there other special features for the pumilios to tell them apart?

Cheers

Xavier

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
That picture of the female bruno is incredible. I really like the green on green look. It reminds me of an advertisement. What kind of equipment are you using?

·
Registered
3,941 Posts
Bruno

Nice pics Randy, how bout some yellow Fants? That Bruno is so bright reminds me of a Pope Island. I was fortunate enough to find 2 Bruno's that have black liines down their backs, in 2 shipments and about 200 Bruno's I found 1 in each shipment that looked identical with the black lines. If I ever make it to the 21st century I will try and get some pics of them, maybe gecko guy can drive down here and snap some photos.
Mark

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. I'm compiling a photo gallery for the site right now, so I'm going to be taking a lot more pics in the coming weeks (including pics of the yellow fants, thanks to Mark ;)) That female Bruno is incredibly bold, which is a really good thing considering my extremely limited photography skills! I can't wait to see those Bruno's you're talking about Mark, they sound amazing.

These were taken with a Sony Cybershot 717. I really couldn't be happier with this camera. Really easy to use and lots of gadgets!

Mark, I believe the 2 on the left are the females in this shot. I've seen these guys have little 10 minute orgy sessions on the same leaf a few times now. What's interesting is that on every occasion that I've sat down and watched, both males fertilize both clutches. I guess that can explain why I haven't had an unfertilized egg yet from this group!

Xavier, if you haven't noticed calling in your "female" basti, then I'd pay very close attention to their interaction with each other after a good misting. If you see alot of territorial wrestling, etc., then chances are good that you have 2 males, although I have seen some m/f wrestling in pumilio in the past (but not often). Darkened throat patches can also be a good tip-off, especially for wc's.

Thanks again for the nice comments, guys :D

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
That wc tinc looks a lot like my boy, Kole, except the stripes on his back are a bit on the green side, and his eyebrows are more of a deep yellow. I think he's more navy blue, but it depends on the lighting.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts