Dendroboard banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
G

·
Ok Kyle, how in the hell do you get such nice pics? I've been trying with my new terribilis but it gets hard to focus and I get blurry pics. Good thing its a digital camera or I'd be wasting lots of film. :cry:

·
Registered
696 Posts
The windshield water repellent stuff. I would think it wouldn't be too good for the frogs but I need ideas how to keep the glass clear rather than covered with condensation. (I guess it's a positive problem)
Mike

·
Registered
153 Posts
thanks Kyle...I think alot of what shows with both your shots and mine is the time we put into to getting good shots (having the right photo equipment for the shots helps)...it takes alot of shots to get good ones and I don't think people realize that and with their own photography tend to give up too soon. And sometimes it is just luck...like with the retic shot I just posted...only got off two shots and one turned out to my liking...pose was good, sharpness was good, and lighting was very moody looking. Often that is not the case and you end up with a branch sticking out of a frogs head or it looks like a leg is missing from the way the frog is standing...or the shot is not sharp.

Tammy

·
Premium Member
13,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Great point I will be 100% honest photography got me into frogs. I started at a local zoo then found a traveling exhibit, and was hooked. After a few days on the internet I think I had read about every site I could find on PDFs and went from there. I do tons of reading online on both topics still to this day.

Photography is a learned skill, and yes the equipment helps a lot, but thats not to say that other cameras can not take great shots. Its all about how you use them. Bills shots for example are from a 3mp Nikon, and they are great. Just one example of how to use what you have to its fullest potential.

Another thing that I think in my case helps is that I hold myself to a very high standard and don't use most of my pictures. I also work to improve all the time.

For anyone looking to learn I say start small with a camera with full manual settings. I started back (used to do film a little in high school) with a Sony f707, and it was a great camera. I still recommend the f717 to anyone looking to get started as it is a great all around camera. I will be honest that after 2 years with the 707 I wanted to move to a DSLR. Thats not to say it was a easy move, there are a number of differences, but what I learned over those 2 years helped me a great deal to understand the differences, and get some very nice shots.

Thanks tammy, and keep the great shots coming... :)

·
Registered
448 Posts
Nice pic. These guys are great. Probably one of my most favorite frogs; I remember starting this hobby and wanting them right off the bat. Instead I waited a couple of years; I actually just got some this weekend.
Keep the pics. coming.
ADAM

G

·
Well, I think I have a nice camera. It's a Fuji S5000. I just can't figure out how to get nice pics with it. I've been on a couple photography sites where other people have taken some amazing pics with the same camera. Kinda sucks cause I'm going to NAIB this weekend and I know I'll get some crappy pics. I guess I need a photo class.

G

·
Yes it has manual options and options like portrait, landscape, sports,etc. If I set it to macro, I can't get very close. Any closer than 5 inches and the camera won't auto focus. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts