Dendroboard banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts

Is as follows: 90gal tall, all natural materials, cocoa panels, waterfall to the right, several waterdwelling plants, 2 mini orchids (hwra lavaburst)cherryvred flowers, also 1 brassavola(smells great), 2 types of bromelia, ressurected ferns, pillow moss, java, Alocasia 'Elaine, Syngonium erythrophyllum, from b. Jungle. overgrown crepping fig, etc. etc. etc.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Jhupp you should of posted your new design. I fell in love with that one, and it looked so natural!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It is really difficult to choose.. :roll:

According to me, the number 7 seems to be ideal for poisonfrogs breeders :wink:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I would like to see full frontal shots.... wait that just sounds bad.
But I would like to see some of these tanks as a whole or multi-pictures.
Maybe for the next Viv contest, we can have a description and several pics.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Bgreen said:
I would like to see full frontal shots.... wait that just sounds bad.
But I would like to see some of these tanks as a whole or multi-pictures.
Maybe for the next Viv contest, we can have a description and several pics.
Your right. One picture just cant get it all. These tanks...all tanks require different perspectives to fully enjoy them. That's why they are so nice to just sit in front and look into.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I started with 2 of the smallest strands of ficus and now they have taken over. I have to literaly push them back so they dont cover my other plants.

Hey guys this is a contest for vivs. That hex tank is nice but its a death trap lol. Just kidding, nice tanks everyone. Jhupp that other setup u have is bananas. You'll win the next one hands down if you enter it.

My tank is alot deeper than it looks, there is at least 8 inches of cave(bottom rear)the back gives good cover for making frogs comfy. Tincs love it and they use the branch in the middle as a elevator.

·
Registered
104 Posts
forgot to add,
-the tank has a bulkhead drain under the falsebottom in the rear, draining into a sump under the enclosure.

-Ehiem that filters the water and sends it up to right side, onto a waterfall.

-Misting sytem, that mists 3 times a day.

-exoterra fogger, just for looks, turned on occasionally.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I feel sort of stupid now. I chose that pic because that is from when the tank was at its absolute peak before the rebuild. And didn't post the rebuild because it still has that freshly plant look, or so I thought. :oops:

Anyway live and learn. I will besure and enter the rebuild next time.

Also I think more pics of each tank would be very nice addition.

·
Registered
104 Posts
jhupp what kind of camera did you take those pics with? They look really nice. My fuji just dosent cut it anymore. The close up of that orchid and the frog look pretty good.

Derek Benson, that avatar you have is nasty, that frog reminds me of a gremlin. lol

1 - 20 of 28 Posts