Dendroboard banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine has some Japanese friends that sent him this book. It's one of the best looking books I've ever seen for dart frogs... Tons of great pics of many many different species and type. The only problem is... It's all in Japanese. Thankfully the species names are written in English. I'm going to try and find a grad student studying Japanese and see if he/she will translate it for me. I'm going to try and get permission from the author to post some of the pics... He has great pics of all but has pics of some more rare species that I've never seen before. Just thought it was cool :D

Reactions: frogface

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Dang it!! The pic didn't load again... It's an error with my stupid Sprint EVO!!! If anyone would be so kind to pm me there email address so I can send you the pic and you can post it that would be great!!! Thanks.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Considering Japanese have that lovely nature aquariums & also ther'r perfectionists i'm eager to see Japan vivs. Think they should be really good. Expect of robots & transformers are inside. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
3,661 Posts
Considering Japanese have that lovely nature aquariums & also ther'r perfectionists i'm eager to see Japan vivs. Think they should be really good. Expect of robots & transformers are inside. :rolleyes:
Yeah in the late 90s/early 00s they mostly had really small vivs in Japan because of space considerations, I wonder if that's changed lately

·
Registered
359 Posts
Yeah in the late 90s/early 00s they mostly had really small vivs in Japan because of space considerations, I wonder if that's changed lately
100% right! Just my thoughts
And the small vivs are for spiders & PDFs :D So i think there should be some good vivs

Reactions: frogface

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There are some wicked cool looking vivs in the book. Some if the rooms they're in are just as interesting. I've been trying to get whole of the author / publisher to get permission but figure since I've not received a response I'll post some pics and give them credit. I'll try and do that some time tomorrow.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Is their a book series number you could tell me.or better picture of front and back? i might order one from one of the japanese book store by where i live.

phil

·
Registered
43 Posts
I wanted to find out more about this book and have been looking this morning to see what I could find. The author is Jun Matsuzono. It looks like he has two books on dart frogs. The link below shows one of his books that I believe is the one first posted in this thread. Looks very cool. I wish it was in English, but might get it just for the pictures.

Visual guide series Poison Dart Frogs

1 - 11 of 11 Posts