Dendroboard banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok so a while back I never got to building my frog room but thank God spring break came or I would have been doomed anyways heres how it went

K so we started here with this dump that we called a room, I know very messy but after a few days of cleaning we began construction

so heres construction of the first rack which will hold most of my tanks its 9 feet long 6 high and about 20 inches wide. The vertical posts are doubled up 2x4's and the horizantals are 2x6's that were ripped to be 4 inches wide and those were then bolted into the doubled 2x4's

So heres the rack almost finished we use the ripped 2x6's on both sides at the top and were the tanks will be sitting. We also took pieces of 2x4's and put them inbetween the ripped 2x6's for extra support.

Once the rack was pretty much done we began painting we used a light sky blue that actually look's really nice on the room.

Almost done painting the walls

Once the walls were completed we painted the floor

after a few days of hard work this is what we came up with

still alot to do but I think it looks good and my dad was talking about putting a plasma screen in there :eek:

Ill have more pics soon when we finish it up

·
Registered
108 Posts
Very nice so far. Can't wait to see the tanks in there ;)

I live with my parents, too. They would kill me if I did something like that in the house :rolleyes:

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very nice so far. Can't wait to see the tanks in there ;)

I live with my parents, too. They would kill me if I did something like that in the house :rolleyes:
HAHA it took a while to get my parents to let me do this but it paid off they were gonna turn it into a gym or workout room

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Gonna look good. The blue does look nice in there.....

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yah the blue does look nice My dad said it would look like the sky or somthin thats why we used it othewise it was white

·
Registered
108 Posts
HAHA it took a while to get my parents to let me do this but it paid off they were gonna turn it into a gym or workout room
Hahahaha I have a specialized room in the garage that cost $3,000 dollars and the upkeep is $300 a month all so I can house one snake because my father is afraid of them and won't have them in the house. :p

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Hahahaha I have a specialized room in the garage that cost $3,000 dollars and the upkeep is $300 a month all so I can house one snake because my father is afraid of them and won't have them in the house. :p
haha yah no snakes whatsoever in my house my parents would probably blame me if one showed up in my koi pond:eek: and what snake is it

And chris

yah thats my room now I'm about ready to sleep on the floor

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Im gonna have an update somtime in the next day because we added some more things to the rack. and I forgot to mention how much of a pain in the a$$ it was to take that foosball table out of the room and now its stuck in my parents room ;)

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I did a double-take when I saw you were painting the floor. I thought you meant you were painting the carpet and I was like, WTF!
haha yah tha would have been stupid i'll post some pics of the original carpet boy it was ugly

Great start, let's see some tanks, haha!
I have a 20 high on the way and will be setting it up after I get my mudskippers I'll let you guys know thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts