Dendroboard banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon everyone

I have a quick question. Can you keep powder blue and dwarf white isopods together in my Dart frog vivarium. Will they both coexist and is it too humid for the powder blue.

Thank you Roger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
Good afternoon everyone

I have a quick question. Can you keep powder blue and dwarf white isopods together in my Dart frog vivarium. Will they both coexist and is it too humid for the powder blue.

Thank you Roger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I wouldn't put powder blue Isopods in with dart frogs. In my experience they are very protein hungry and could pose a risk to frogs and frog eggs.

I stick to dwarf white Isopods only in my frog tanks

·
Registered
53 Posts
Agreed. I used powder blue/orange isopods in some lizard enclosures. They reproduce copiously enough to be a nuisance. They eat lizard poop efficiently enough; they also eat any nice driftwood I put in. I have to remove excess isopods every week. It’s easier just to remove the lizard poop.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Agreed. I used powder blue/orange isopods in some lizard enclosures. They reproduce copiously enough to be a nuisance. They eat lizard poop efficiently enough; they also eat any nice driftwood I put in. I have to remove excess isopods every week. It’s easier just to remove the lizard poop.
get you something that eats isopods! Woodlouse hunters are interesting spiders and you might want to try keeping one.

·
Registered
53 Posts
get you something that eats isopods! Woodlouse hunters are interesting spiders and you might want to try keeping one.
I haven’t had much luck with using isopods as feeders. Turtles seem to like them, though.
I got caught up in the isopod collecting craze for a while, and had 25 or 30 varieties. I recently sold them off. I have a pretty good sized herp collection, and the isopods became just one more chore I didn’t need.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts