Dendroboard banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this too much condensation?
World Natural environment Rectangle Plant Organism

Here's the front and top of my tank, what should I do to make sure I minimize on the amount of condensation. I assume this is probably not enough ventilation/circulation for dart frogs.

Liquid Water Fluid Rectangle Flooring

You can see at the top I've covered the metal net on my Exo Terra tank with a sheet of plexiglass which fits in there perfectly. Should I perhaps take some off of that plexiglass to allow for air intake?
Or should I just simply add some fans inside and leave everything closed still?
Any help and suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
956 Posts
If it's consistently like that, then yes. That tank is too humid. You should have airflow at the front and back of the tank. Front opening vivs typically have some kind of vent under the door for passive airflow. It doesn't really look like yours does. But yeah cut some of that plexiglass back and give yourself more ventilation.

Edit: After zooming on the pic I see you do have an air vent under the door. Open up some ventilation at the back of the tank and that should help your problem.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If it's consistently like that, then yes. That tank is too humid. You should have airflow and the front and back of the tank. Front opening vivs typically have some kind of vent under the door for passive airflow. It doesn't really look like yours does. But yeah cut some of that plexiglass back and give yourself more ventilation.

Edit: After zooming on the pic I see you do have an air vent under the door. Open up some ventilation at the back of the tank and that should help your problem.
Thanks for catching that! Yes will do

·
Administrator
5,116 Posts
Because this tank is in a cooler part of the house and it does get cold up here in Canada do you think that is too much of an opening for dart frogs?
Are you adding supplementary heat to the viv?

If the viv is warmer than ambient by more than a couple degrees, condensation will be a chronic issue.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts