Dendroboard banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 10 gallon without any water feature except for a small water bowl thing...anyways,i have been using a mesh lid with a small towel over the top for about a week.well,i decided i wanted to wrap the lid in seran wrap.now the tanks glass is foggy from condensation.is the condensation OK? does it mean i have a good amout of humidity? or does it mean i dont have good ventilation?(i poked a ton of tiny holes in the seran)

·
Registered
210 Posts
I will cover 3/4 of the mesh in seran wrap or get a piece of plexie glass to cover that 3/4 but it will be good to have some air flowing throw there.

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
The condensation is nothing to worry about, (yes it means you're humidity is high) but there are ways to eliminate it. One is to put a (very) small screen section for a top towards the front of the tank to aid in you're viewing pleasure. Usually 10% screen area will do the trick, while still allowing high humidity.
In my first dart tank, I tried the small water bowl idea, and quickly gave up on it, once one strain of moss gets into the water bowl, it will wick all of the water out of the bowl and into you're substrate. If you want to use it, just make sure no porus materials (besides the frogs :lol: )are allowed to hang in and over the edge.
Have fun!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts