Dendroboard banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

I'm a total novice when it comes to darts and frogs in general having acquired three azureus only 9 days ago.

When I first introduced them to my viv they seemed happy enough, feeding immediately and exploring their new environment.

However after a few days they have all taken to sitting in one corner of the viv staring out the glass and climbing up it. Always the same corner and always facing out toward the window. They still feed greedily when I add flies and go on the occasional hunt but always return to that same corner to stare out the window and climb the glass.

Is this unusual behavior? Does it mean they don't like their environment and want to escape it or are stressed? Am I worrying unnecessarily? The temp is pretty steady at around 75f and humidity between 70 and 80.

If you need more info please ask.

Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
8,465 Posts
Is there something they can see from that corner? Something yummy to eat on the other side of the glass? I wonder what would happen if you covered that corner of the tank from the outside?

I've had frogs do that when they were still getting used to a new tank, and, when they could see a fruit fly culture from there. I've had them climb the tank when they were in a new tank and when they didn't like each other, much.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They seem to get on fine, no aggression that I've seen, and as you can imagine with these being my first frogs I've hardly had my eyes off them!

The only thing they could be looking at in that direction is the window looking out to the garden. I suppose if I was in captivity I'd stare out the window wishing for freedom too.

I hope you're right and they're just settling in. Time will tell I suppose.

Thanks for the swift replies.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts