Dendroboard banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
I'm working on a 75g build and need an inexpensive lighting option. I found this and was just wondering if anyone had input. I've been researching lighting, but I'm a technical moron so I'm gonna leave this up to those more in the know. Anyway, here it is:
eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices
I'm not expecting a spectacular fixture for that price, but it seems ok to my untrained eye. My other option would be two of the 24" exo cfl hoods with the intention of adding LED's as I can afford them.
Thanks in advance for any input,
-Field

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I just got the 4 bulb 24" version its a good light for the money. Thing is pretty bright, its temporary over a exo 18" i have as a plant grow tank. So bright only use 2 bulbs and the fixture gets warm , about avg for a typical T5HO. I like it so far, hope that helps.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Its a odyssea brandT5 light. Just do a quick search you should find lots of reviews about there products. Some good, some bad. I know a couple of locals thats used them on SW tanks without issues

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
I'm using the 36" version of these, purchased from aquatraders.com. They are working well to light 3 20H verts and another is on a set of 3 29 verts. Plenty of light output, some heat generation, you may or may not need a fan depending on your ambient temps.. They are keeping broms decently colored up and most are puping already. The color spectrum is sufficient and I'm getting good growth out of everything. You really cant beat these for the price, but you are honestly, getting what you pay for. This is not a bad ass high end reef T5, but for vivs, I think they are fantastic.

On another note, I'm going to be trying their "REEF BRIGHT" LED, 18" on a new 18 18 24 Zoo Med I picked up. Claims 1300 lumens of LED.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.