Dendroboard banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Is this a mating ritual in the video I took today?
It seems like it to me, but I'm not sure if maybe they are just close because of something interesting nearby. I'm fairly certain I have a female and a male, and the female is the one in back (see attachment.)

Usually they seem rather oblivious of each other, hopping right on/over each other to get to food.
I'm especially paying attention because yesterday when I went to feed them the male was facing the female and tongue striking her throat area... so it's confusing, are they so oblivious to each other that he thought that her throat moving was food? Or was there maybe some small food on her that I couldn't see? Or is that some sort of meaningful behavior?

A little while after this video I saw them both sitting in the water dish thing I have in there. I don't really have a breeding place set up for them. If I don't want to attempt to raise tadpoles yet should I do something? Or just let them do whatever they will?

Attachments

·
Registered
987 Posts
If you don't want to raise the tads yourself, you can just leave them be and let the frogs transport them. Pretty cool to see that happen as well.
Scott

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
The female is stroking her mate, trying to coax him into mating.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts