Dendroboard banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
The fact that it doesn't seem to list a brand is very odd, IMO.
Plus he's got 10 negatives and 3 nuetrals in the past month. That's not good at all. It does not matter how many good transactions he has had if he does not make good on his screw-ups.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I read through most of his sales with negative comments and it seems like its never a build issue, mostly miscommunications. I hope it works out well bc I placed an order. Couldent pass up the deal

·
Registered
393 Posts
$40 for a dual t5 light? Thats a pretty good deal, especially with free shipping. I am thinking about buying one too, but I think I'll wait and see how your experience pans out.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea. I know about the fire from the ballast. That only was an issue with the metal halide lamps. The t5 seem to have a decent rep for the price.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Whoa whoa.. lets not start the odyssea battle here.

Odyssea got a bad rap from one incident of the old magnetic halide ballasts. Which since have been redone and are now electronic ballasts in halides. I am a hardcore supporter of odyssea products. Great for cheap. I love mine, friends I have talked into them love them. We buy all of ours from Aquatraders - Guaranteed Best Prices on Aquarium Lightings + Free Shipping!.

The last fixture I had was a 4x54w 48" t5.. on my 90g reef.. which i broke down and sold to buy more frogs LOL
Loved it. I have also had several of their halide fixtures.

·
Registered
106 Posts
For what it's worth, I just purchased a dual 18" 18w t5ho fixture off ebay by Odyssea for $35 delivered. I opened the box today and put it together (just attaching the ballast to the fixture and flipping the rails) and it seems to work great. The fixture is made of thin power-coated aluminum with a silvery reflector. It comes with an acrylic spray shield which I wont use because I'm not sure if it's the correct acrylic. The light powered on instantly. I havent had a chance to run it for more than 5 minutes so I cant give you a full review, but from what I can see the light is decently made for the price.

If it catches on fire, I will let you know ;-)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts