Dendroboard banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
I dont keep auratus, but i just think it would be almost impossible for us to know if she was gravid or not. Vents or other thumbs are easier to definitely say, this girl is gravid or not. She looks plump and possibly gravid but i doubt anyone could be sure one way or the other, unless they were there with past experience with the species. Time will tell, and she looks good thats for sure if not gravid possibly just a chunker. Good luck

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the input...i didn't know if it was something you could normally tell or not. she's definately chubby either way.

·
Registered
505 Posts
With frogs in the tinctorius group: including auratus, azureus, luecomelas, truncatus and galacts. The females will produce a cleavage between the sides of their bellies. This is usually easiest to view if the frog is facing you on an even level with your eyes. So you should see two fat sides sagging a bit lower than the midline of the frog.

Check it out
ERIc

·
Registered
122 Posts
your pictures look identical to my female, who got fat like that and then a couple weeks later started laying eggs. she hasn't done it since, but it was only about a week and a half ago, so I'm not worried about it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts