Dendroboard banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I setup this tub two days ago to house either a pair of luecs or a couple auratus depeding on how things pan out in the next day or so. Does it look ok to house them in for a few weeks before getting their viv ready? Any advice would be great!!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
You might want to put some tiny air holes around the bottom, at the level of the substrate. You can heat up a safety pin and just melt them in.
Also, you don't show a lid. You need to make sure whatever type of lid that has, is good and secure. They can escape the tiniest gaps!

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You might want to put some tiny air holes around the bottom, at the level of the substrate. You can heat up a safety pin and just melt them in.
Also, you don't show a lid. You need to make sure whatever type of lid that has, is good and secure. They can escape the tiniest gaps!
The lid has two latches that snap to lock on either side. The lid also has about a 1/8" gap around the rim where air is allowed in. It is secure and the gap is far too small for either to get out. Did you mean the air holes near the bottom for ventilation or to keep the heat down?

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
For ventilation. Please keep in mind that frogs can escape through gaps that you couldn't imagine. They can compress their bodies quite a bit. On my temp containers, I always throw away the top and use glass. This makes a much tighter seal, allows more light in so your frogs can hunt easier, and allows me to check on them easier. Here is a link to how I do mine. http://www.dendroboard.com/forum/parts-construction/63743-temporary-frog-storage-home.html

Reactions: cschub13

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Yeah that setup looks fine as long as your frogs can't escape. I have my phyllobates vittatus in a quarintine tank almost identical to yours in terms of whats in it, and they are doing well.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Also if using a pin to make vent holes remember to push the pin from the inside out that way there are no sharp edges that could scratch them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts