Dendroboard banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered this from Glass Box Tropicals, but unfortunately FedEx misplaced the package for over a week. All the planks arrived in good health except my marcgravia umbellata looks like it’s suffering.

Does anyone think I could salvage it? I misted the bag and placed it under my viv light.

Also quick note: Glass Box Tropicals is amazing, and this wasn’t their fault at all. They actually helped contact FedEx for me and get the package moving. I’m just sure this happens sometimes when shipping live plants.

·
Registered
46 Posts
If you give it lighting make it very low filtered or maybe find a spot near a window with low light. Be kindve religious with water not to much not to little. Maybe try to get water in the roots or stem such as watering a tillsandia. Little guy has a low chance of powering through but the fact that you wanted to see if you could help says volumes about your care so I’d say he might come through. He will probably drop all or most of his leaves but you’d be surprised how resilient they are. My freinds have had Marc’s in abysmal condition and they came back. I had one plant that I can’t remember the name of that dropped all of its leaves but one actually started rooting. Sadly while cleaning a bunch of my plants it fell down the drain... still hit myself over it.

·
Premium Member
1,483 Posts
I just realized that the discarded tank that i found a forgotten imitator in was filled with this plant. It was left by the back door after we were closed. This was not unusual.

A special note of misanthropic disgust has forever marked my soul by such people, who dont even have the decency to walk through the front door with the animals they have long neglected before finally finding it convenient to dump it off.

But yeah i think thats it. It over grows easy yeah?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts