Dendroboard banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been trying to sex my T. pictum froglets by using a flashlight in an attempt to find evidence of sperm ducts but have been unsuccessful. I am able to see the sperm ducts under light in my 2 adult male frogs, could it be that they have just not become evident?

3 juveniles \/
Food Ingredient Dish Cuisine Staple food

This is the most detailed picture I could take (no backlight). I will try to take better ones tomorrow.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well I did a water change and took the time to inspect each and every froglet and found no Sperm ducts. I guess they don't develop until later, I will check again once they start calling...
Food Tableware Liquid Ingredient Fluid

Diagram of what I'm looking for \/
Vertebrate White Organ Jaw Organism

If there are any glass frog owners/breeders I would love to know when/if you are able to see the sperm ducts / oviducts on your male/female frogs.

·
Registered
Mantella baroni, Dendrobates auratus, Dendrobates azureus, Afrixalus dorsalis, Theloderma corticale
297 Posts
Can't help with Theloderma, but in adult male golden Mantella you can usually see the sperm ducts. No idea for juveniles.

I'll do a check with my reed frogs as they tend to have semi transparant bellies as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts