Dendroboard banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ho All,

Well I got my pillow moss in from T+C and it's really nice. I was thinking about changing my set up of my water feature to branch in to two outputs......one going to my waterfall, with another coming off the back wall down a piece of ghostwood.

I figured If I go this route, then javamoss would be a good idea on the wood but I'm worried that it would take over and choke out all my pillow moss.

Now, the pillow moss areas won't be getting water from the water feature....from all your experiences.....do you think both mosses could co-exist and be happy? Or will it turn to fisticuffs?

Thanks again

-Dave

·
Super Moderator
3,612 Posts
I would think that if your tank were wet enough for the Java to become invasive, the pillow moss would probably get too damp to thrive. Java does really well in areas that stay damp and get hit with lots of light. Pillow moss can handle moisture, but doesn't like constant saturation.

G

·
my java moss doesn't grow very fast i can't see it taking over, i had it for like 2 months all it has ever done is grow about 2cm upwards not outwards at all, and its at very wet parts of my tank. Even if ur pillow moss gets a bit choked out at least java moss is a good looking plant.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts